Does any of this sound familiar?
- Personal crisis or major life change
- Difficulties from the past
- Dissatisfaction or worry about work or the quality of life
- In need of understanding or support
- Lack of self-esteem or low self-confidence
- Worried or unhappy about relationships
- Feelings of isolation or hopelessness
- Bereavement or other loss
At some time in life, many people experience emotional difficulties they feel unable to deal with. One-to-one counselling can often help at these times, when a space and an opportunity is given to explore thoughts and feelings in a confidential, safe and supportive environment. Counselling might involve a few sessions over a period of weeks, or a longer relationship over many months.
Individual counselling often helps to:
- Re-evaluate beliefs and feelings
- Release blocked potential for dealing with problems and challenges
- Bring about change and a fresh outlook on life.
Anything disclosed in counselling will remain strictly confidential. The only exception to this would be if the counsellor becomes concerned that there is a serious risk of harm to the client or others.
All our counsellors are either fully trained or final year Diploma level counselling trainees who work within professional codes of practice and receive regular supervision.
We are a charity which aims to provide affordable counselling. As we don’t get funding elsewhere we do need to ask each client to contribute towards the cost of the sessions. We have a sliding scale of payments, we charge £10 per session for those who are on basic benefits or very low wages. When people are earning or have other income we charge between £15 and £30 per session according to the person’s ability to pay. We will talk this through with you when you register and agree an amount.
We have counselling sessions from Monday to Thursday. We have later evening sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for people who work. Please call for more details of times.
Awareness of equal opportunities is an integral part of the service we offer.
We aim to provide the best possible service for our users, but if you have a complaint about any aspect of our work, we have a complaints procedure, just email email@example.com and ask for a copy.